Sales Operations Executive at Volkswagen Group UK

Milton Keynes South East
Logistics and Operations Sales

8.0/10

5.2

I really enjoyed my role and found it to be a good balance between challenging and interesting. There were certain aspects that were a little repetitive, however this is to be expected in an entry level/placement position.

My team were really welcoming and I felt included right from the start. There was always opportunities to learn from them and they were supportive in helping me get the most from my year.

My line managers were both fantastic at helping me adapt to the work/corporate environment, offering weekly 1-2-1s to make sure I was on the right track. They also helped me to look further ahead in my career path and understand what I might like to do in the future.

My workload did depend on what point of the month it was as I worked in a sales ops based role. Generally I was very busy but I learnt how to manage my time fairly early on and enjoyed the challenge.

More responsibility than I thought I would ever get on a placement year. I had complete control over a number of business critical tasks and reports, and I also looked after the team budget.

The time management/organisational skills will be useful for my degree studies, but the general automotive knowledge and stakeholder management skills will be invaluable for the rest of my career.

Within my team there was a great atmosphere and I enjoyed working in the office, however it was sometimes a bit too corporate/stuck up.

Generally well organised and clearly structured, however HR did have a tendency not to communicate things very well or with much notice/flexibility.

Opportunities to go on many different courses, included excel up to advanced level, presentation skills, emotional intelligence etc.

Also industry related 'business bites' sessions throughout the year.

Very appealing, however location choices aren't that flexible.

They operate a golden ticket scheme where you can be fast tracked to the graduate assessment centre if you perform well over the year.

38 other placement students relocate to Milton Keynes at the same time which really helps to create a social scene for the year.

Easy to live comfortably in Milton Keynes on the placement salary, however it is more expensive than many cities as there are no universities so no student housing.

Nightlife is very different to a university city as it is more bars like Revs than clubs.

A pop world has just opened in MK though and there is always Pink Punters in Bletchley.

They have a sports and social committee, a charity committee and a discount scheme for things like cinema tickets which most undergrads take advantage of.