1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I absolutely felt valued by my colleagues. I was given more responsibility than I anticipated and was invited to all the social events over the course of my time at the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We were given plenty of support on our first couple of days but thereafter there was not much. I would not say much support/guidance was needed because the colleagues I worked with were able to provide that anyway.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Largely I always had stuff to do, however there were occasionally times where I had nothing to be getting on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility. I was left alone with clients at times.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It will no doubt help me when I start a full time job, especially if it is within the same industry. It also improved my confidence too
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was very relaxed and pleasant, but focused at the same time
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
could have been better organisation for days in other departments, would have made them more beneficial
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
we were able to complete training courses online and i improved my Excel skills greatly by getting advice from colleagues
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing based on the nature of the people i met there
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
nottingham is not cheap but it is not too expensive either
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes there were plenty of chances to take part in sports matches and other social events