1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship! I learned lots from the experience and have made good contacts within the engineering industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had a great working relationship with my colleagues, they were all so friendly and welcoming right from the start! I was never worried about asking them questions from fear of judgement. By the end of the internship we were a close knit team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a Matrix Manager, Line Manager and Functional Manager. My matrix manager helped me with the day to day things, where my line manager would ask for updates of how the project was progressing through my time at the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I usually had an ample amount of work to do on a day to day basis, and where I had some extra time I would engage in self paced extra assignments which were encouraged.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility for the completion of the project I was working on during my internship. As the internship progressed and I was more clear on my job role, this level of responsibility gradually increased and by the end of the placement was very significant!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training I received during my internship will help me in my final year of university. Gaining exposure of working in the aerospace industry has been extremely valuable to me!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. There was a high level of professionalism but you could still have a laugh.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects within the company are very appealing and I hope to return to their Graduate Scheme!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in Preston in Student Halls during my Internship. This made it easy to go out and socialise as you were in the city centre. The cost of living in Preston is very cheap too
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was company run activities outside of work, as well as the opportunity to socialise with the other interns and graduate scheme people.