RBWM Intern at HSBC

Birmingham West Midlands
Banking - Retail Business Analytics Information Technology Market Research Marketing

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.4/10

The placement really allowed you to get insight into the bank. It meant I was able to actually work and not be shadowing someone. It was a learning experience to develop skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

The concept of netwoking was valued highly. Everyone in the bank was friendly and willing to help to understand all aspects of the bank.

Support was amazing, I was headed under a manager a second manager. I had the support of the intern programme and a grad coach. All this support is still in place after internship.

I had a project of my own to work on. I was given tasks to ensure I was working well in my team and met the deliverables.

It was so appreciatative to see that I did mean something to the organisation. I wasn’t just given work to fill my time. But instead I was really having an influence and my work did mean something.

It made me realise that stakeholder management is essential. Being able to manage a project and keep on line with deadlines was important also. It is an experience way beyond the books.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

You have development days and insight days. Also there was mandatory training and learning experiments to ensure that we get out as much as we put in.

• There were no perks with this Internship