Finance Intern at Shell

9.0/10

9.7

Commercial Finance Intern: You will support the retail business of Shell. This is in the form of monthly reporting budgeting and forcasting.

Enjoyed the internship thouroughly, there was an excellent culture, the location was good, the work was meaningful and there was a cohesive intern/graduate social scene.

Very friendly team, would always listen to my opinion and would always be open for chats whether formal or informal. Senior managers also scheduled time out of their days to speak to me.

Was consistently supported throughout the process and given guidance whenever I was unsure of something.

There was a very healthy balance; there was enough work for me to be stimulated but there was also time to network and get to know colleagues from other parts of the business.

Given that my degree background was completely unrelated to the department’s functions, I was given a remarkable amount of autonomy over the projects I carried out. Equally there were some tasks which were highly specialised that I wasn’t able to do but given my experience level this was completely reasonable.

Learnt new skill sets, all highly transferable. Developed skills such as presenting, project management and time management.

Very positive, very walm and welcoming team.

Had everything in place for me when I arrived, and it was a smooth process from start to end.

Was able to access online training modules. The graduate team put on team building exercises also and feedback sessions.

It’s such a global company that the opportunities are endless. Work life balance alongside the culture make Shell a great place to work.

Graduate and intern integration events were put on during the placement. Interns also met weekly and socialised often after work as well.

Central London costs; was expensive however we were
being paid so that made it more affordable.

Good from what I saw, I didn’t spend too much time exploring the nightlife however.

Working in central London meant that there was a lot going on; there are plenty of activities for people who are proactive enough to go looking for them.