1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an amazing experience, from the people I met to the project I worked on and everything I learnt along the way.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated as part of the team, I was given my own project to work on, but I could always ask my colleagues for help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor made sure that my internship was a way for me to learn as much as I could, he answered all my questions and taught me many things. I received a lot of support from both my manager and my supervisor, which allowed me to make the most of my internship, successfully finish my assigned project and also enjoy everything that was going on in the office.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was not overwhelmed with work but I always had something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own project which I was responsible for, as well as presentations.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot of things that are not taught in university, but definitely useful for my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Not a lot of things going on, but my team was fun. :)
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be happy to come back to work at Schlumberger, as I enjoyed my internship very much.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were not many other interns, and not many activities organised for interns, so we didn't really spend much time together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Abingdon was OK compared to the cost in London, where I moved from.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nothing going on, very quiet area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?