Graphic design & comminications at Hewlett Packard Enterprise

5.5/10

5.3
5.4

6.0

To create graphics in multiple media’s to be used within company and occasionally externally.

I found a lot of the work didn’t challenge and I needed something that I felt I was benefiting from

My manager and team were always very appreciative of the work I did

My manager was based in America so it rare of me to have constant support and guidance, a lot of it I did for myself.

Sometimes I was extremely busy, and other periods I could find myself with next to no work

A fair amount of responsibility, I was never the one to decide on if a design was to be used - which I think should have been the case considering my design knowledge stretches further than everyone else.

My time management skills have improved, but my design skills not to much

Sometimes very quiet, when the other interns were in it was much more enjoyable

It was very well organised when I first started the internship, but as soon as the company changes occurred my internship was impacted heavily

I was often told about online courses where I could develop my design skills, but apart from that there was no serious investment

My design role at the company was not for me, I would like a role where I can design more openly and not to one style.

Yes the intern social scene was good, events were always trying to be arranged

Reasonably expensive, I could only go out on weekends and in turn prices were higher. Travelling to work etc was all fine

Not great, I couldn’t attend student nights as I didn’t go to the university

Yes, there were several fundraising events I could take part in