To create graphics in multiple media’s to be used within company and occasionally externally.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found a lot of the work didn’t challenge and I needed something that I felt I was benefiting from
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My manager and team were always very appreciative of the work I did
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was based in America so it rare of me to have constant support and guidance, a lot of it I did for myself.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Sometimes I was extremely busy, and other periods I could find myself with next to no work
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A fair amount of responsibility, I was never the one to decide on if a design was to be used - which I think should have been the case considering my design knowledge stretches further than everyone else.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My time management skills have improved, but my design skills not to much
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Sometimes very quiet, when the other interns were in it was much more enjoyable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised when I first started the internship, but as soon as the company changes occurred my internship was impacted heavily
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was often told about online courses where I could develop my design skills, but apart from that there was no serious investment
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My design role at the company was not for me, I would like a role where I can design more openly and not to one style.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes the intern social scene was good, events were always trying to be arranged
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonably expensive, I could only go out on weekends and in turn prices were higher. Travelling to work etc was all fine
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not great, I couldn’t attend student nights as I didn’t go to the university
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there were several fundraising events I could take part in