1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I believe it's one of the best places to work in. The office, culture, and people create an unforgettable atmosphere.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very good among both my intern friends and team members.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was really taken care of. My mentor was always available to answer my (probably boring) questions. But he not only answered them, but also explain how the things work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work/life balance was perfect, the out of work activities both with another interns and with my team allowed me to be relax even during the working hours. The support from my team and from other interns allowed me to do things much faster than I would normally need.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I really like that I had an impact on the product, the changes I introduced had an impact on the working of the system, and will allow us to improve us our product.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I improved a lot, the code review given by my mentor allowed me to eliminate the mistakes I was previously doing.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere couldn't be better. I felt responsible for my project, but also had the support from the rest of my team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organized, every week we had multiple events. The events ranged from the one for the people with the engineering background, to the mixed of engineering and business events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think the company invested a lot in me. Starting with a weekly training session for the people starting the internship, up to the numerous events. Moreover the pantry full of food allowed not only to eat whenever I wanted but also to meet and get to know better other people.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I highly consider Bloomberg as a future employer. I believe the flexible working hours, the perfect life/work balance, and interesting projects with very interesting people are very tempting.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I get a chance to know other interns very well. The time we spent together allowed us to build a bond between each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of leaving, considering the fact that the office is in the city center is not very bad. I lived so close, that I was able to walk to work everyday. The cost of the socializing was also quite good. A lot of our socializing events were initiated by the HR team, which allowed to decrease the cost of socializing in the city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I believe the events organized by the HR allowed to get to know the Nighlife quite well. In case, when someone wanted to party a little bit more there is a party part of the city nearby.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A lot. We were attending weekly football games. Moreover we had a lot of outside of work events with another interns.