Financial Software Developer at Bloomberg

Computer and Systems Engineering

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

7.5/10

It was my first internship and it was really nice. People were really helpful even if there a lot more senior and even in other offices. The internship was structured in a nice way with a lot of events throughout the summer.

I felt welcomed by my team from the first day. They were treating me like a proper member of the team and were really helpful and were excited about project and how it would help in their day-to-day work.

My mentor and Team Leader were really helpful throughout the internship giving me feedback and helping me complete my project.

The internship is 50 hours / week including 1 hour of lunch. That's more than the majority of other companies and it can take significant part of your day.

I was free to explore different options to complete my project as successfully as possible and I was involved in the development process from design to implementation.

Working in a corporate environment is an experience you can't while in university so I think it was really valuable and it will help me in the future

Everybody was cheerful and in general people around the office were happy with their jobs.

It was amazingly organized internship including lots of events some of which took months to implement.

There a couple of training classes.

People seem happy in the prospect of me coming back.

The City offers unlimited options to hang out after work.

London rents are very expensive but the compensation is also on par.

The City boasts with people until 9-10 pm but afterwards everyone has gone somewhere else.

Yes Best of Bloomberg is a great initiative interns can use to get involved with different charity events throughout the summer.