1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was my first internship and it was really nice. People were really helpful even if there a lot more senior and even in other offices. The internship was structured in a nice way with a lot of events throughout the summer.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt welcomed by my team from the first day. They were treating me like a proper member of the team and were really helpful and were excited about project and how it would help in their day-to-day work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My mentor and Team Leader were really helpful throughout the internship giving me feedback and helping me complete my project.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The internship is 50 hours / week including 1 hour of lunch. That's more than the majority of other companies and it can take significant part of your day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was free to explore different options to complete my project as successfully as possible and I was involved in the development process from design to implementation.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working in a corporate environment is an experience you can't while in university so I think it was really valuable and it will help me in the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everybody was cheerful and in general people around the office were happy with their jobs.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was amazingly organized internship including lots of events some of which took months to implement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There a couple of training classes.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
People seem happy in the prospect of me coming back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The City offers unlimited options to hang out after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London rents are very expensive but the compensation is also on par.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The City boasts with people until 9-10 pm but afterwards everyone has gone somewhere else.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes Best of Bloomberg is a great initiative interns can use to get involved with different charity events throughout the summer.