Technology Intern Engineer at American Express

Brighton South West
Computer Science
American Express is a Top Employer

9.7/10

I was a part of the intern program, I was working on my own project in a real team and we also had a side project with other interns.

It was an amazing experience, a good balance between work and non work activities, amazing people and a lot of interesting sessions.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at American Express

I could always ask for help and received it straight away, my work has been reviewed and reused by other people, my placement leaders always made me feel like my work is important.

My placement leaders spent a lot of time with me teaching me and answering my questions, but I was also given enough space to make my own mistakes and learn from them, being able to ask questions all the time while on the journey.

I was not overwhelmed with work but I always had stuff to do and if not, I could just ask my leaders for more.

I had my own project which I was responsible for, I had to make sure I didn't break other people's work.

I have learnt a lot of things which they don't teach at university, but will definitely be useful in my future career and when working on team project at uni.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at American Express

I loved coming to work to such a lovely atmosphere, everyone was very nice and helpful and there were a lot of things going on, you could never been bored.

It was organized very well, there were a lot of things happening every week and it definitely required great organizational skills.

I have been told by my leader that this internship is for me and I should take all the opportunities I could, they have always encouraged me to take part in sessions going on on the campus, there were a lot of talks and trainings and if I wanted to know more about something, it was enough to just ask and something was arranged for us.

I really want to work in this company in the future, mostly because of the atmosphere, culture and all the lovely colleagues, but also the fact that they really encourage career development so there is a lot of opportunities to try new things and get promoted.

Yes, we really bonded and all the social events organized by the company helped a lot, we spend a lot of time outside of work with other interns. Also there were a lot of team activities like team lunches that made me feel like a part of the company.

It was not that bad and the salary was more than enough to pay for anything I needed.

The nightlife was great, there were always a lot of people and things going on.

Yes, we had a lot of talks about volunteering opportunities and there were a lot of activities with the colleagues outside of work.