I was a part of the intern program, I was working on my own project in a real team and we also had a side project with other interns.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an amazing experience, a good balance between work and non work activities, amazing people and a lot of interesting sessions.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I could always ask for help and received it straight away, my work has been reviewed and reused by other people, my placement leaders always made me feel like my work is important.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My placement leaders spent a lot of time with me teaching me and answering my questions, but I was also given enough space to make my own mistakes and learn from them, being able to ask questions all the time while on the journey.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was not overwhelmed with work but I always had stuff to do and if not, I could just ask my leaders for more.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own project which I was responsible for, I had to make sure I didn't break other people's work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot of things which they don't teach at university, but will definitely be useful in my future career and when working on team project at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I loved coming to work to such a lovely atmosphere, everyone was very nice and helpful and there were a lot of things going on, you could never been bored.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organized very well, there were a lot of things happening every week and it definitely required great organizational skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have been told by my leader that this internship is for me and I should take all the opportunities I could, they have always encouraged me to take part in sessions going on on the campus, there were a lot of talks and trainings and if I wanted to know more about something, it was enough to just ask and something was arranged for us.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I really want to work in this company in the future, mostly because of the atmosphere, culture and all the lovely colleagues, but also the fact that they really encourage career development so there is a lot of opportunities to try new things and get promoted.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we really bonded and all the social events organized by the company helped a lot, we spend a lot of time outside of work with other interns. Also there were a lot of team activities like team lunches that made me feel like a part of the company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was not that bad and the salary was more than enough to pay for anything I needed.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was great, there were always a lot of people and things going on.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, we had a lot of talks about volunteering opportunities and there were a lot of activities with the colleagues outside of work.