1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Brilliant experience. The freedom to choose where you want to work and what type of work you'd like to do. Flexi-time is such a nice benifit; being able to come and go when you choose really gives you the freedom, making work feel more like university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everybody takes onboard your opinions and ideas which is a real suprise for such a large company. I expected everybody to be very serious but in reality my colleagues are very laid back and definately care about your well-being.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management and supervisors give you every bit of support you need. If you need something you only have to ask. When they guide you or give you support it really does feel like they care.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It can start quite slow as there is so much to learn and get used to. After learning the ropes after a few weeks the work picks up. After picking up you can get very busy which is great as you get the best out of the experience by doing so.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility was given to myself, it feels very rewarding to be trusted with this responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I will definately use a lot of skills learned over this placement to progress in my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Laid back, calm but productive too.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised. Given 2x 6 month placements which helps structure your placement in different roles. Targets and objectives are set, monitored and tracked to ensure you cover as much as you can whilst proving you have effectively learned profficiency in given areas.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The equipment you use is very very expensive, my desktop PC allocated to me is a very high spec machine allowing me to fulfil my role with ease. Training is booked in and encouraged in order to use particular equipment to give you a greater knowledge and acheive more, but also for safety.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?