Electronic Systems Engineer IP at BAE Systems

Rochester South East
Aeronautical Engineering Aerospace/Aviation Armed Forces/Military Automotive Computer and Systems Engineering Electronic and Electrical Engineering Electronics Emergency Services Energy Engineering Information Technology Intellectual Property Law Legal/Law Manufacturing Mathematics/Statistics Mechanical Engineering Physics Product Design/Industrial Design Science/Research Transportation

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

10.0/10

2x 6 month placements -
Hardware Engineer
PLD Engineer

Brilliant experience. The freedom to choose where you want to work and what type of work you'd like to do. Flexi-time is such a nice benifit; being able to come and go when you choose really gives you the freedom, making work feel more like university.

Everybody takes onboard your opinions and ideas which is a real suprise for such a large company. I expected everybody to be very serious but in reality my colleagues are very laid back and definately care about your well-being.

The management and supervisors give you every bit of support you need. If you need something you only have to ask. When they guide you or give you support it really does feel like they care.

It can start quite slow as there is so much to learn and get used to. After learning the ropes after a few weeks the work picks up. After picking up you can get very busy which is great as you get the best out of the experience by doing so.

A lot of responsibility was given to myself, it feels very rewarding to be trusted with this responsibility.

I will definately use a lot of skills learned over this placement to progress in my degree.

Laid back, calm but productive too.

Very organised. Given 2x 6 month placements which helps structure your placement in different roles. Targets and objectives are set, monitored and tracked to ensure you cover as much as you can whilst proving you have effectively learned profficiency in given areas.

The equipment you use is very very expensive, my desktop PC allocated to me is a very high spec machine allowing me to fulfil my role with ease. Training is booked in and encouraged in order to use particular equipment to give you a greater knowledge and acheive more, but also for safety.