1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I found a dynamic and stimulating environment in my team. Every day I have been exposed to new challenges and I had the opportunity to have a broad vision of what is Investment Banking and what normally a FIG team do
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I think that my team has appreciated my job during the period I have been working within the Bank. Personally I had the opportunity to create long-lasting relationships with colleagues in my team and with people from different divisions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I think that you have to balance the help you get from your supervisors and the effort and commitment you put in your experience. Only the right balance will give you a successful output in which you learn and grow professionally and personally and in the meantime you deliver a good result.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been highly exposed to the business from the first day, having new challenges and working on different projects over the 9 weeks period I have spent in the bank. The workload was in line with expectations and with the Investment Banking industry
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I have previously mentioned, since the first day my superiors gave me a lot of responsibilities, expecting from me a good quality job in a reasonable period of time. This has been the most important part of my internship, since I had the opportunity to put to the test my abilities
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have understood that Investment Banking is the industry in which I see my self for the long term. Specifically I found an incredible environment in Financial Institution Group, team in which I was assigned. I am looking forward to coming back in Deutsche Bank in London to join the Graduate program in July 2019
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I found a Team that was able to create good synergies. Everyone was available to help and explain, Senior Managers requested an high level output but at the same time were always there to answer questions and clarifications.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
In a fast paced and dynamic environment like Investment Banking you have to be organized and the workload must be split among all the resources. I found a very good organization of everyone's tasks. In terms of program structure, I think that HR did an incredible job, organizing interesting networking events and keeping contacts with interns for the whole period.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I got a job offer to join the Graduate Program in July 2019.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be proud to grow in Deutsche Bank
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Diversity is one of the driver of the culture of Deutsche Bank
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in Zone 1 London, the costs were pretty high, but the bank offered us perks like night rides and dinners
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Interesting with a lot of opportunities to meet new people
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, it also depends on how much you want to get involved in external projects or activities