12 week management internship for university students.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Not only is Enteprise a great brand to work for, the internship programme is ideal for students at university that want to gain some incredible experience of a management programme. You are treated as any other full time employee right from the start with amazing support from Head office. I enjoyed being able to understand all aspects of business within the branch.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As an intern I had doubts on how I would be valued within the business but I was totally wrong. Right from the start you are conducting tasks that anyone else in the branch would do. The work atmosphere by other colleagues really helps you to feel welcomed from the beginning.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There is full in depth training from the word go so you never feel worried. Not only is the support within branches exceptional and you can feel you can talk to your supervisors about any issues you may be having. The support from the higher management team is also valuable.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Even though the working day may seen long to begin with. Each day goes by quickly! You are always doing something worth while. Working in a larger branch enables you to really get a full perspective of how the business operates and how their strategy works when put in practice.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel as an intern you are given a lot of responsibility, the same as anyone who starts, more than I could have imagined. I like this as you can see by the end of your internship the impact you have had and how you actually helped change the branch for the better.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills and understand I have developed over the internship will be invaluable to my studies. I can now put in to perspective and seen an insight in to how a business operates. Even if you are not from a business degree background the skills you develop are transferable and will still be critical in what ever industry you enter.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is always a fun, positive and happy place to work in. There is never a down day which really help you work to the best of your ability. The promotions you can gain from the company is crazy and you are able to hear this from your colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was impressed by how organised the recruitment and selection process was. When you start your internship there is a very organised plan of what you would like to accomplish from the internship. The company help you on achieving that. You are always kept in constant communication throughout your internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think from the selection process the company is very good in making a role for you. When you begin in branch you can really find an area of the business you are interested in and take control of this. I like this as it has meant my internship is more unique and helpful to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The career progression within the company is fast! The opportunities that are available are really interesting as everyone wants to work hard and be recognised for thisdo they can be promoted quicker. It is a young workforce and you can clearly see you get out what you put into your career.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a good social environment with the other interns. You are able to socialise with them outside work which is always nice to have downtime outside the office as it can be stressful at times. There are also social events within the branches too which you are a part of.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in the area is standard. I was able to stay in my uni house as I was still paying rent so seemed a waste to move else where. The company understand your situations and tried their best to help your needs. Being in a city the socilaising is always easily accessible.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a wide range of places to go within the city, so never stuck for ideas on what you would like to do. Although I did not go out often when you do it’s fun and safe place to be. It’s important to make you of your the free time you have.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company is very diverse and there are always opportunities for you to get involved in events around the area you are working in. Being apart of these events are always fun and something else to add to your internship experience. Not only this but they are also great ways to network.