1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement year with Renault UK has been hugely enjoyable as well as giving me a fantastic experience that has allowed me to begin my career and look to life after university. The friendly working environment along with the real life responsibility makes placement enjoyable, satisfying and worthwhile.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The responsibility given to me, along with all the other placement workers, has made me a valuable part of the Renault groupe. The team that I work in has welcomed me and given me a role whereby my contribution counts and is valued my all.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has given me all the support I need whilst not being too overbearing. He has allowed me to work things out for myself whilst still making sure that all is correct. The same could be said for everyone at Renault UK I have worked with as everyone is always willing to support and guide you in whatever way they can.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Day to day I am never bored. There is always tasks for me to be getting on with but equally these are achievable within their time constraints. If I ever was to be short of work there is always new projects that I could get involved in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout my placement I have always been given responsibility. This ranged from my daily tasks to leading and making decision making. If needed there was always support that could help me if I required it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My experience at Renault UK has and will be invaluable to me in finishing my degree and when I move out into the world of work. I have gained real world skills such as leadership, time management and decision making and these will allow me to be successful in my degree but are also desirable qualities to in everyday life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is great. Everyone is very friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble but there is a real determined work atmosphere with everyone doing their bit.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything was fantastically well organized from the interview process to the very end. everything was setup for me on my first day and everyone knew we were arriving and how they could help us settle in.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company are very invested in the development of the placement students and all employees. there is a range of activities that can be done to develop you as a person or professional and there is all the support that you could ever need.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
there is an very good graduate scheme within Renault UK and this is definitely something I will consider and that would be appealing to me. The company is the perfect place to learn and develop and it returning after finishing my degree would appeal greatly to me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. There is a very large group of placement students and there is always something happening whether this is after work or on weekends you wont be bored.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
On the outskirts of London it is not the cheapest area of the country but it is also affordable on the wage you earn.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Watford has a decent enough night life. London is also within easy reach on the train for a nightout so there is no shortage.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. There is many opportunities to join whatever takes your fancy outside of work. There is always activity in surroundings areas and plenty to get involved in.