1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work placement and the entire internship experience were highly enjoyable. Overall, I would say that the programme is very well thought out and well structured, and it contributed greatly to my professional development. Both the Human Resources team and the division I was working in were extremely helpful and added value to the programme.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that my colleagues really did make an effort to integrate me, and the rest of the interns as well, in the team. I felt treated like their equal, had plenty of opportunities to socialize with them outside of the workplace and in no situation did I ever feel left out.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt that our manager did a great job for several reasons. First, he made sure he communicated his feedback to us throughout the internship, which enabled us to improve certain things that we were not doing well. Secondly, he was always available to help and eager to further include us in the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied depending on the days, but overall I would have to say that I could have been considerably more busy. There were several days that I and the other interns had nothing to do even if we asked for work, so we just waited for the day to go by.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt that I was given a good level of responsibility throughout the internship, at least an adequate level for my position. I was deeply involved in the projects I was working in, and my team always made an effort to keep me on the loop and give me relevant tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The learning curve throughout the internship was very steep and challenging, and I took with me lessons that I will cary for the rest of my life. I learned plenty of language, quantitative and soft skills throughout my internship. I was able to learn something new everyday and that made me enjoy the experience
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I would say that the atmosphere was adequate to the business we were working in. People were, in general, serious when they had to be, and open to socialising and more laid back when the situation was appropriate. All my colleagues were very helpful, which contributed to a positive atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall I think that the internship was well setup and that is the merit of the human resources team. However, I believe that there was one area where improvement is needed: IT setup. Many interns took a long time to get all the passwords and programs installed, which made some of the WebEx trainings redundant because we could not use the tools
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment prospects at Deutsche Bank are very appealing to me. I enjoyed my time with the Bank, what I was doing and the people that I was fortunate to meet. I believe the organisation is the best place for a young graduate to start his/her career due to the advancement opportunities and training it offers
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I felt that the overall atmosphere and social scene was very positive. Many interns became friends with one another and I was no exception to that. I believe the social events organised contributed greatly to this, and the overall open and flexible culture of the bank did as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?