Intern at EY

Financial Management

8.3/10

6.0

My team was very welcoming and I received a lot of support from student recruitment.

There were a lot of social and after work events organised.

The corporate social responsibility day at the start of the internship during induction was a good way to get to know the other interns.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at EY

I was encouraged to ask questions and my contributions were valued by my team. I was given extensive responsibility on projects in my team right from the start, which showed the trust in my ability. This made me feel valued by my team and colleagues to a very big extent.

There was not a single day where I did not have something to do. I was given responsibility for more than one project which meant that every single day I was kept very busy. Nevertheless, my team was flexible when I wanted to do other things around EY that were not project related.

I was given a huge deal of responsibility during my placement. I had the task of completing more than one project, which would then be used in a client facing way after I leave. This meant that the work I was doing had significant weighting, and it was making a contribution to the team.

Since this internship was in advisory, it meant that I developed a lot of transferable skills in communication, technology, and learning under pressure. I can apply these every where I go. I also had the opportunity to be put in the deep end and learn a lot about my project in a short space of time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at EY

The office had a very friendly atmosphere. I would often eat lunch with my team and be invited along. I also always felt comfortable enough to speak up and ask questions as and when I needed to, and I was also made to feel like a valued member of my team.

The internship was generally well organised, with a good range of starter and induction activities at the start of the internship to help us to settle in and get to know the other interns and the office. However, I felt that the length of the internship, of four weeks, was a little short.

EY invested greatly in my personal training and development. I had the opportunity to take part in extra training courses online if I wanted to, and I was given a lot of opportunities to develop my skills. This included, but was not limited to, opportunities to present to senior staff and partners.

The future employment prospects within EY are very appealing. With a starting point after graduation with EY and in my service line, I will have the chance to develop skills and knowledge across a broad range of sectors, which I can then apply across any industry in the longer term.

There was a good social scene amongst my fellow interns. We often met up outside of our scheduled social events. I would often meet my other interns for lunch or outside the office. Also, the social events meant that we had a chance to catch up and share internship experiences.

London is an expensive place to be working. The cost of travelling to and from the internship is high from outside London, and the cost of living in London to be closer to the office is also high. Eating out and socialising is also expensive in London, particularly in the centre.