1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship kicked off wih a one and a half week of tranings. This was crucial for us as we come from very different background and have different experiences. Thus, these trainings helped everyone start on an equal foot. We then hit the desk. Personally, my team was extremely welcoming and helpful. They even organised sessions to help us better understand the type of work they do.
Funally, we got many nice infornal events througout the summer, which was nice to relax and enjoy the summer as well.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From the begining, I got along very well with the whole team. They were veery welcoming and I felt that I could be myself with them. I didn't have to pretend or stress around them.
They immediately trusted me and gave me great responsibilities and valued my work even when I did some mistakes.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As mentioned above, my team was very supportive in this. From the begining, they provided us with booklets, training sessions and all the necessary material to understand their work. One of the associates even gave us a booklet for jargons. Others gyided us throughout the entire 2 months. This made us much more confident
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Since the begining, I was lucky enough to be staffed regularly. More specifically, I was staffed on a big project, a live deal, which went on for 2 full weeks. We had to answer more than 500 questions from investors, among other work. Even though towards the end, we had muh less work to do since it's a low season in the industry
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned above, I was extremely lucky to be staffed on a live deal. From the first week, I participated to meetings with CEOs, European investors... By the second week, I was even answering directly some of the investors' questions and working directly with the VP and MD. Towards the end of the internship, I was given models to do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the tranings and actual work on the desk helped me improve many skills and even develop new ones. Even though I had some prior professional experiences, I felt that these few weeks were intense enough to help us rapidly grow and develop. This will always stay wih me even in several years in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?