Investment Banking Summer Intern at Deutsche Bank

london Central London and City
Banking/Finance

Deutsche Bank is a Top Employer

7.6/10

As I expected: it was as challenging as engaging. Interns have exposure to amazing transactions and a large group of extremely talented people.
As I worked more and better I was trusted with more interesting tasks: there is a clear progression depending on your effort.

Although they were way more experienced and had significantly more skills, I always felt valued by my colleagues. They cared about me and gave more importance to my attitude and capacity to learn fast rather than focusing on existing knowledge.

Support and guidance were given ocasionally, although I think could have been more frequent and in-depth

Extremely busy. Long hours, tight deadlines and multitasking. Not a surprise, though: this is investment banking

I was given a lot of responsibility. This is one aspect that I loved about the internship: the hardest-working and (I guess) the ones who delivered best were given more responsibility as the internship progressed.
When the analysts increased trust in me they rewarded with more exposure/ interesting tasks

Both the soft and hard skills that I have learned will help me a lot not only in my degree but also in my future career. I improved my financial skillset, capacity to abstract and summarize important information under tight deadlines and communication skills

Hard work and good environment. My colleagues were always eager to help and promoted a nice environment

A very well structured programme overall. Fantastic training/sessions and mentoring.

My only complaint is the mismatch between what HR and the different teams want. (Usually HR guidelines are interpreted and implemented very differently between teams). I would like to have a more homogeneous implementation of HR guidelines

I consider that DB invested a lot in me. Starting by the training, then soft skills sessions, networking events, breakfasts and the support of a Mentor.

I can say that me (an intern in a bank with c.90k employees) felt important and valued

• There were no perks with this Internship

Very appealing. It is a great bank with great people

Sure. The general atmosphere was great: I met very interesting people and everyone was nice and easy to get along well

Everything is expensive in London. The salary, however, is enough to cover living expenses and save a little bit

Some good bars and restaurants, it is a good area

Yes, the bank offered several activities