1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship was a great experience to kick-start my career as a recent graduate and working on different projects challenged me and allowed me to step out of my comfort zone.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues made an effort to get to know me on a personal level which left me feeling valued every day I came in to work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support and guidance at Bloomberg is incredible and since transparency is a big element of the culture of the company it is very easy to communicate about any issues you might come across.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I believe I was relatively busy during the day but also had enough time to work on other tasks such as learning about certain departments I found interesting, shadowing different employees and calling clients.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during the internship including participating in projects, contributing with new ideas, and I feel like it was a right balance of responsibility where I did not feel too much pressure.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a wide range of skills such as collaboration, innovation and teamwork which will definitely benefit me both in my personal and professional life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere is very friendly, open and comfortable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement, social events and activities were set up very well and ran smooth.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in plenty of training sessions for us and helped me identifying my areas of development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The prospects are endless and very well planned out.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we got to meet alot of interns at social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive but the area I worked in is very businessy and fast-paced.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not experienced nightlife
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?