Equity Research Analyst within Bloomberg Intelligence Division.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my Summer Internship. The program was highly structured from the beginning which allowed me to receive the correct learning and created an environment to maximize my learning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued. My team was extremely approachable. They cared greatly about my progress, provided me with feedback each and every week and did not hesitate to answer any queries I had regarding my project work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Again, the program was quite structured in this regard. They provided me with end of week feedback sessions. Furthermore, my supervisor was always around to support me whenever i needed help or guidance with my project work
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Yes! We had a great work flow that kept me fully engaged at all times. This aloud me to learn a great deal throughout the summer.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Within Bloomberg, I was given a great deal of autonomy. We were provided with the correct training, guidance and feedback, however this was there as a resource to utilize and we could go about our won project work in our own way.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills i learned over the Summer will stand to me moving forward in my career. I have a much deeper understanding of analyzing/valuing a company from an economic perspective to a firm specific financials level
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a very collaborative and friendly environment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely. We were given a time table on our first day, which set out the various projects I would have and the training i would receive for my project work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Hugely. For each project we had, there was specific, focused training to help us along the way.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. There are a great deal of varied opportunities within the company so you can find a position that is suited to your strengths.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. There are huge amount of after work social events every week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Bloomberg funded a lot of the after work social events so minimal costs
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was a good nightlife. As there was over 140 Interns there were always opportunities to go out after work with fellow colleagues.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes. There are a huge amount of societies within Bloomberg to get involved in