Summer Intern at PwC

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

PwC is a Top Employer

9.1/10

9.6

It has been a good 6 weeks working with the external audit team. The team members are very willing to help out. I learned a lot about the audit procedures especially on testings. It is a good opportunity to get an insight into what assurance does on a day to day basis.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at PwC

My colleagues were really helpful and approachable. They were more than willing to answer my questions and explain the concepts to me. I really appreciate for their trust on me, letting me to help out on their areas.

Since it was my first job, I barely knew what I was supposed to do. Their guidance and support throughout the internship has helped to develop my understanding about audit work as well as the concepts behind all the work that were assigned to me.

I am generally happy with the working hours. The required working hour per day is 7.5 hours. Of course, there were days that we had to stay a bit longer. As long as you get your work done within the fixed time frame, you will be fine to leave on time.

I was assigned to a particular area and was required to work independently on the area. I did help out with other members on the areas that they were working on and gained a wider understanding on other areas.

I was able to apply the knowledge that I have learnt in my studies practically on the work that I was assigned to. This practical experience has certainly deepen my understanding on certain accounting concepts. I believe the technical skills that I have gained by using the audit software to perform audit work will definitely be helpful in my future career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at PwC

The atmosphere in the office is pretty chill and relax. There are couple of booths in the office where we get to have a chat or work together with the team members.

We were given training on the first week of the internship before being assigned for any job. After we are done with our job, we will be given constructive feedback from the team members which is really helpful for our personal development.

We had 3 days of induction in a residential where we had couple of classes and training to attend. We were exposed to various accounting concepts and technical skills during the 3 days of induction. We then had 2 days of training in our local office, focusing more on the technical part.

After completing the professional papers, you will get to the chance to be promoted as an senior associate. You will then have the chance to be promoted as a manager, senior manager, director and finally a partner.

There are events for us to join such as Frizzy Friday where we could grab a drink, talk to each other and share our working experience.

It is not too bad as we are not right at the central of London. I am pretty sure the allowance we got from the internship can definitely cover all the cost.

There are a few bars around the client but it really depends on the client site which you have been assigned to.

Certainly, since the working hours is really flexible. It will be totally fine for you to leave early from work when you have something on in the evening.