Assurance Intern at PwC

PwC is a Top Employer

7.1/10

5.2

6 Week Assurance Intern

Whilst given work to do it was an enjoyable few weeks, however there were times when I had little to do. Everyone in the office was very nice and I think that makes a big difference wherever you work. Overall, I'm really glad I did it and enjoyed most of it.

I think everyone in the office was amazing. When working in a team they were always willing to help whenever you had a question. I was always given feedback whenever I asked for it and always enjoyed working in a team. Overall, I felt very comfortable and valued in the office.

I was given lit's of support whilst working on a job. They know I had no experience before and were great at helping me whenever I was unsure about anything. It was great having multiple people that I could go to, having been given a buddy and a people manager.

Whilst booked on a job I was very busy. It would be a full 9-5 day. However, there were times when I wasn't booked on a job when I would need to go and look for work. Often I would find some, however I sometimes did not have anything to do.

All the work I did was real work on an audit. That part was nice, as I was given work to do and left to do it (although everyone was always very open to providing help if needed). Whilst all my work was obviously reviewed, I feel I was given a lot of responsibility.

I am currently studying economics, so nothing I learn will directly assist me. Skills wise, I have learnt a lot about working in a team and have had to pick up new concepts quickly. Both of these I will need to use at university and in my work life beyond.

It was a very nice office to work in throughout. Everyone was very friendly and got on together and was more than willing to help whenever I had any questions. It was always nice chatting to colleagues at lunch or at any social events that the office organised (once or twice a month).

Most of the time it was very well organised, with me being booked on a job and working on that. I would know who to got to for help and what was expected of me. There were points when I had nothing to be working on, but I'm not sure if this was due to a lack of organisation.

I think the firm invested very heavily in me. We started the 6 week placement with 3 days in London, where we were taught a huge amount, including the basics of accounting and how to use the software the firm uses. In the office everyone was always very willing to help.

It is appealing, as it was a great place to work and most of the work was enjoyable. One thing that appeals to me is the amount of common sense I see around the office, with flexible hours and dressing for your day. It means as long as you get your work done it doesn't matter how or when.