working in a busy environment as a customer service rep to a busy and exciting company.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement at enterprise rent-a-car. It gave me the opportunity to work full time while learning about myself and the working environment. It showed me that work can be enjoyable even though it can be long hours! Work family can become your friends and it's great fun!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had the best colleagues ever! They had different perspectives on everything which was great and I learnt so much! It was great and it's great to work with your friends and family! Thirsty Thursdays are the best for team building and making friends and it's great to make friends for life.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management team where amazing. They are so supportive of you and the staff, they are continually pushing you to be a better person and worker. They make you feel valued and appreciated within the team. They are want you to develop and become the best customer service representive you can be.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day was different, but it was always fun! You always had slow and busy days and they would change up constantly which was great as it kept you on your toes. Slower days meant more administrate work and full days meant more driving so they all had there pros and cons.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility in my placement and it was great because we were given autonomy over our own choices and descions. We were given enough responsibility where its not overwhelming but not boring at the same time! I've loved it, it's helps you to build on skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt to be my own boss and be a good employee. Time management has become so important and that will be skills to build in for life. It will be help me in my following year at university to be on time and working to the best of my ability all the time.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the atmosphere was great, very fun and it was a joy to work in such a great environment and I will miss it when I leave. I haven't yet had a job that I have enjoyed as much, I hope to be this happy in every job I ever have.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
this placement is very organized and well put together and run! it helps us to make the best of the time we have available. It is a fun way to spend your summer and it will positively impact your own life for forever more. It was very well run and a good process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
enterprise rent-a-car invested massively in us massively. they pushed us to reach our own goals and to put our best foot forward in the workplace. they have shown us how to develop our own skills in to adaptable ones and become the best employees we can be, which will help for future.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very! they are lots of opportunities to progress in the company and they want people to be with them for a long time. I have already been offered a job at uni with them which will help me to continue to develop and earn money while at uni which is great.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A very good social scene. there is a lot of encouragement in going out as group and it helps that everyone is so lovely to get along with. there is a great balance and great chances to socialize in and out of work, as well as making friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
the cost of living was average, offset by the amount of pay and bonus's you got. it allowed you have fun and live a comfortable lifestyle while you worked which was nice. You were definitely bale to treat yourself and save at the same time. great pay and a great sales.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the social life in my area was great because there are lots of clubs and pubs, lots of nice restaurants and places to eat. it is affordable and helps to create a sense of team as well as allowing you to have a life outside of work! definitely would recommend.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there are lots of opportunities to get involved in outside of work and they allow you to have fun and team build outside work. It allows you to have fun outside work and is a great way to have a fun time while working and to develop soically.