Summer Intern at Allianz UK

Birmingham West Midlands
Business Management Insurance Logistics and Operations

8.2/10

It was a wonderful experience. The internship allowed me to develop an understanding of how an insurance company operates and learn about the various roles that there are.

I felt highly valued. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. If I had difficulty with anything, people were always happy to help.

In the beginning of the programme, my line manager and I created a form with tasks and objectives to focus on throughout the course of the internship. This helped me understand what work I would get involved in. I also received great explanation of my tasks and could always ask questions if I got stuck. Also, the regular meetings I had with managers and team leaders were very insightful in learning about the business.

The objectives form helped me to keep busy and manage my time so that projects I was involved in were completed on time. Some days were quieter than others, however there was always sufficient work for me to do.

Depending on the area of the business, I was given quite a significant amount of responsibility. For example, from the operations side, I was responsible for creating a tool for monitoring work flow within the branch I worked in.

This experience helped me to improve my interpersonal skills, such as communication and team work, as well as time management. I believe these improvements will greatly impact my further development, especially in terms of the quality of work I develop and the relationships I build.

• There were no perks with this Internship

This was the first time I have gotten the experience the working world, and be a part of an office environment, and it was a great opportunity. I got to meet and work with some graduate students as well, which allowed me to get an insight into the graduate schemes the company has to offer. Overall, the experience has made such schemes very appealing to me.