1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great experience with great people. Was able to get an insight into the industry as well as being an altogether fun experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues I worked with felt inclined to give me work, and were willing to provide me with the help if required. My assigned buddy was helpful, providing me with help and connections when I needed them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My assigned buddy was helpful, providing me with help and connections when I needed them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly busy although work came in waves. I was told it was the nature of the work during summer. Some week I was busy, however some weeks I did not get much work even after emails sent round the office.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Expected work for an intern. Not too much responsibility but at times, work that would be used by senior colleagues in meetings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Maths degree helped with the numerical reasoning. Other than that, most of the learning was on the job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere. Had a summer barbeque during my internship, weekly football, weekly email 'Pointless'. Further, the office is quite big on voluntary and philanthropy with cake sales on quite often.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship itself was rather well organised albeit simply organised. The interns were mostly left to our own devices when doing our intern project and working in office.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Gave us a real charity client to work with. Provided weekly lunch&learn presentations. Had access to Aon's online learning platform and materials.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would happily consider a job with Aon.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The other interns were social. And the graduates seemed like they had a tight knit group as well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
St Albans is relatively expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?