Summer Intern at Aon

St Albans East Midlands
Actuarial

7.0/10

6.5

Summer intern in actuarial pensions.

Great experience with great people. Was able to get an insight into the industry as well as being an altogether fun experience.

Colleagues I worked with felt inclined to give me work, and were willing to provide me with the help if required. My assigned buddy was helpful, providing me with help and connections when I needed them.

Fairly busy although work came in waves. I was told it was the nature of the work during summer. Some week I was busy, however some weeks I did not get much work even after emails sent round the office.

Expected work for an intern. Not too much responsibility but at times, work that would be used by senior colleagues in meetings.

Maths degree helped with the numerical reasoning. Other than that, most of the learning was on the job.

Great atmosphere. Had a summer barbeque during my internship, weekly football, weekly email 'Pointless'. Further, the office is quite big on voluntary and philanthropy with cake sales on quite often.

The internship itself was rather well organised albeit simply organised. The interns were mostly left to our own devices when doing our intern project and working in office.

Gave us a real charity client to work with. Provided weekly lunch&learn presentations. Had access to Aon's online learning platform and materials.

Would happily consider a job with Aon.

The other interns were social. And the graduates seemed like they had a tight knit group as well.

St Albans is relatively expensive.

N/a

Weekly football every Tuesday.