Audit Vacation Student at KPMG

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

KPMG is a Top Employer

7.2/10

Audit Vacation Programme

The insight programme was really good because we were given a wide range of things to do: we worked both on client sites and in the office.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

I didn’t feel very valued because I hardly knew anything: I was starting right from the bottom. Sometimes I felt a bit of a hindrance asking questions all the time.

My managers were all very helpful whenever there was anything I was unsure about. I also had a buddy which was really nice because I could ask him things I didn’t want to ask the managers

Probably won’t assist me in my degree but certainly beyond. I’ve learned a lot about businesses, and about using Microsoft excel. I also had a lot of interaction with clients so dealing with people professionally will also help.

Some things were more well structured than others. Our retain was often full but sometimes a job was just coming to its end and so there wasn’t much for the interns to do.

Atmosphere was mostly good, especially at the social events. Sometimes in the office things were slightly more tense

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

There were a few training modules to do online but they didn’t take very long and didn’t go into much detail. It was more of a learn on the job kind of insight.

I worked in lots of areas so managed to get a good insight

All the assessment days and big days where everyone came together taught me the most about the company’s culture.

It wasn’t just a day: it was 4 weeks. It has definitely helped me determine what I do want to do and what I don’t. I wouldn’t have been able to decide without this experience.

It was a fully paid programme and I was reimbursed for any travel costs to different offices and client sites.

There were on assessment days and the first day of the programme.

Very good, there were always social events happening

There was a lot of sport stuff going on outside the office like cricket, tennis, and rugby

It was a very valuable experience overall