Audit Vacation Student at KPMG

Birmingham East Midlands

KPMG is a Top Employer

9.9/10

My internship at KPMG has been very enjoyable. I received all the support I need as an intern. I got much practice in audit work, I worked both on the client site and at the office and I got a comprehensive understanding of audit procedures.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

My colleagues have been very kind and supportive. I received so much help and coaching from them. My in-charges managed to explain the logic behind the work instead of simply teaching me how to do the work on excel, which helped me to really understand the purpose of my work.

They were always there to support me and answer my questions when I need. Also I had regular meetings with my performance manager to discuss my performance and identify any gap.

The life as a vacation student at KPMG is quite balanced, there were also some team building activities that we can be involved in.

As a vacation student, I was treated as a graduate trainee. Being trusted and given the real responsibility greatly built my confidence.

I am doing an accounting related degree at my university, my work experience at KPMG definitely helped me to get a better understanding of the textbook based knowledge I learnt in my university. I got to know how to apply the academic knowledge into practice.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

Very nice working environment. People are nice and they are happy to help you. In addition, there are good facilities at the office as well.

I got all the support I need from the first day of my placement. Everything went very smoothly. I was very clear about each stage of my placement.

We had a very efficient induction day and we received much coaching on the first and second day of the placement. All the vacation students were assigned buddy contacts, therefore we can always find someone to speak to if we have any question.

I have been offered the graduate scheme after my internship. Can’t wait to join next year!

All the vacation students got to know each other. We also had a lunch on our last day of the internship. We still keep in touch with each other.

I was based in Birmingham. Living and socialising are quite affordable.

There are many places that you can go to have fun in Birmingham.

We were invited to the social events organised by the department. There are also interesting events in Birmingham if you want to have fun after work.