Solution Center Analyst at Lubrizol

Derby East Midlands
Computer Science Information Technology

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Fantastic experience, the IT team where very helpful and support and access to resources are great. I enjoyed my time at Lubrizol the year has flown by and I feel like I have developed and grew during this time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Felt as integrated and treated equally to any other employee at Lubrizol, my opinions and feedback was taken seriously at all levels of management. While local integration was fantastic I feel like the wider global team integration was a struggle at times, with not really having the opportuintiy to meet and work with much of the US counterparts.

The whole team is invested in guiding, mentoring and developing me not only for the role at Lubrizol but my career long term. My manager constantly pushed me to achieve more and develop without holding my hand, I was given a vague direction where to go not specifically the answer.

The role came with a lot of autonomy which meant while there was a fairly busy workload, it was up to me to choose and manage my workload. There is a lot of interesting and varied work that goes on at Lubrizol and I have been able to dip my toes in a variety of it.

Like with the amount of work, the amount of responsibility I had was also self-driven and as I became more confident and experienced I was able to take on more and more responsibility. At Lubrizol, there is a lot of trust is given to us and part of that is to be accountable and responsible for everything in our domains.

I believe that this year at Lubrizol will be hugely beneficial to my final year studies and my career further. I have been able to continuously improve my soft skills in organisation, communication and presenting. I am now far more confident in my ability to succeed in my career compared to prior to starting this placement.