1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my experience at Nomura. I learned so much especially thanks to the fact that we worked with 3 different teams during the summer.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were really nice and they were always available to answer some questions. I would like to come back to work here because the atmosphere is very positive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
People on the trading floor as well as HR guided me a lot.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy days! Indeed, we had a lot of events organised by HR such as weekly challenges, trading games, product breakfasts and we also needed to work on projects with our teams.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My teams gave me many responsibilities! I was able to attend client meetings and to lead some projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I discovered many different products and the technical aspects I learned will be very useful for my final year at university. In addition to this, I developed communication and team management skills thanks to the several presentations we did.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was really nice.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Perfect. When we arrived on the first day, everything was already settled, we did not have any IT problem which is exceptional for interns! During all the summer internship, HR regularly organised catch ups and events with all the interns which was also great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a full week of training at the beginning of the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would really like to work within this bank.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was easy to socialise thanks to the several networking events that were organised.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great! Every Thrusday all employees go to the Terrace to spend some time together in a friendly atmosphere.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?