1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
half of my time was spent doing meaningful work, the other half was doing work which felt was given to me to keep me busy as opposed work which was useful to anyone
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
felt like a hindrance and as if I created more work by being there because they didn't have time to explain what they wanted me to do. Managers were great at explaining what they want, analysts were incapable of setting meaningful work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
by my official supervisor i had great support, by my 'buddy' next to no support because he couldn't manage his time well enough to support interns
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
either busy the whole day/ over time or doing nothing for hours at a time
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
in comparison to previous responsibility, barely any.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the importance of time management and communication has been really highlighted which will carry over to my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
at times really encouraging and happy for interns to be there.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Our team didn't know they were going to have interns until very late and therefore had little meaningful work prepared to give us.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company really supported me with well-being and making sure they catered to my needs.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
based on my previous experience with the company I would really enjoy working for them again..
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
yes my fellow interns were very friendly and supportive., there could have been more 'whole intern' events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was no more of less expensive than what I expected when working in central london
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
lots of bars and restaurants nearby the head office, places close by for socials
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, networking events and charity events were available and encouraged