Summer Intern at Aon

Insurance

9.5/10

An excellent insight into to the insurance industry, with visits to the Lloyd's building and opportunities to meet a variety of people within the industry. A very good work/life balance too. Given a team CSR project with the other itnerns and had to deliver a big presentation at the end of the internship.

Everyone was very welcoming and made sure I always had work to be doing. The team were appreciative that some of the tasks were a little boring so tried to mix things up for me.

Manager was always there for me to ask questions, if they were away, I always knew who else to speak to. I was left to manage my own time and workload too.

I always had a couple of tasks on the go so had plnety to be getting on with, but not too much that I had to stay behind late. More often than not, I always managed to leave on time.

Trusted to manage my own workload as well as completing a team CSR project that was separate from the work in my team.

I gained mostly networking and presentation skills from the internship which will benefit me in any future career.

Very social and everyone was very supportive of each other.

The early careers team did a fantastic job of organising everything, with constant communication from them and weekly lunch and learn sessions to teach interns more about Aon.

Mostly online training modules. Although there was a day-long introduction to insurance held at a London venue. Also participated in a week-long client seminar, where I was taught about the entire insurance process.

Excellent as there is plenty of opportunity to move around within the business and even work abroad.

Had a very social group of itnerns whom were always meeting up for lunch as well as outside of work time.

London is very expensive anyway, however there were a few places around that had deals and offers running.

Again, London is a very social place with something always going on. plenty on offer in terms of nightlife.

Sports teams such as five a side football and various other clubs. However I spent most of my time outside of work socialising. Went to a couple of young insurance events.