Insurance, Reinsurance and Risk Management alongside General Insurance actuarial consulting
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Aon as a company has a great freindly enviroment. The work i was given provided me with a greati nsight into this field. It was a great learning experience and a great opportunity to develop my skillset.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My collegues were very helpful. They provided support whenever i needed, providing me with the knowledge and experience required. The atmosphere was very collaborative and there was storng emphasis on team working.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers provided me with support and help when required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Even if i had opportunities to be involved at times, i wish i was busier.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During the placement i had the opportunity to work on various projects handlaling clients requirments providing me with responsabilities and valuable opportunities to work independently and as a part of team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Studying an actuarial mahs degree, some of the projects i worked on allowed me to put my knowledge into practical experience. i was able yo apply the mathematical skills i learnt and translate it into valuable work for my team.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly and emphisised s.trong team working
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
At times, my internship did not feel organised and there was a lack of project involvement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had workshops and trainnig sessions organised. E.g. excel training
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Social events were great. Everyone was really friendly during events and was actively trying to start conversations.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?