1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have had an extremely enjoyable time on my internship, the team have been great and the work has been very balanced and exposed me to a number of things, however due to the fact that I was not given specific clients to work on I have found it had at times to truly follow the work I have been doing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have found the team extremely welcoming since day one on the job and have felt included throughout, in temrs of fellow interns due to the lack of number in my office this has been hard however as a general rule my peers from different offices have been fantastic to work with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was assigned a manager that was extremely welcoming and has understood the amount of knowledge I have and listened to what I have wanted to gain from the experience. I set myself goals to reach and have been helped to achieve these by him.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work load has been manageable throughout, however at points there have been times that I have not had much to do and have had to seek work myself, however once asked I was provided with work and guided through it step by step where necessary.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have found that the past 9 weeks have left me with a lot more knowledge about the sector and professional world than I was expecting, I feel this will leave me in good stead to complete my studies and then enter the professional world following this.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office environment, although small, has been great, with everyone speaking freely and socials outside of the office being frequent. I have highly enjoyed this side of my summer above all else.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Aon have clearly spent a great deal of time thinking into and planning the internship experience. From application it was clear what we would be doing throughout with milestones set and objectives made, this has made it very easy to follow and more enjoyable than I would have ehoped.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Aon have invested heavily in all the interns, not only through multiple training sessions but also through a competitive salary and benefits around this that have made the transition to the professional world fantastic and rewarding.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
From the first day Aon have said it is there goal to offer us a graduate job at the end of the internship with them, not only was this great to hear but also meant I have fully committed to the intenrship to gain more than I may have if this was not the case to stand me in good stead in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Being the summer of the world cup there have been socials thoughout the internship, and from what I have seen this continues throughout the year normally. I have had a lot of fun at these casual events and they have allowed me to bond with my team hugely.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The team/company have heavily relied on me to let them know what I am interested in getting involved with and if I have a preference then they will let me do so at any point to their ability which has been fantastic, both in the office on work projects and outside in things such as sporting events.