I worked in teams auditing clients. I was given tasks to do that contributed to the audit. I checked the information behind different aspects of the company's financial reports. I used a lot of Excel spreadsheets.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed working on a team and being given responsiblities. I learnt a lot during the internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a well run system in place to make sure I got feedback and then discussed my performance with management. The people I was working with made sure I understood what i was doing and helped me whenever i needed help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was mainly very busy working with different clients but near the end there were some days that were quieter.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given many tasks that contributed to the audit but were all checked over by someone more experienced.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have been offered a job with them and will use these skills in my new job. This has given me a head start and a good insight into what the work is like.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It depended on what team you were on. There was a lot of variety.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a week of training and continued training on the job. I had a mid way review to check up on my progress and an end review. This helped me to find ways to improve.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I got a job!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?