7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly team and without them I would have found it a real struggle. Having said that, they were particularly poor at introducing me to rest of team in first week. Again, this varies across projects though
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Accenture are a big company and so there will always be glitches. Overall, once the programmes got going, they were very well organised, with social events and frequent networking opportunities. My only problem with the system is that they seemed to ignore candidates initial skill sets when allocating projects to them, which meant that many people, including myself, ended up on projects that they didn't want to be on
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Good first week of training and web-based trainings always available. Heard throughout the programme from existing employees that training is difficult to get on when working full-time with the company though
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Although this particular project wasn't for me but the company as a whole is good, with friendly people throughout. I would not want to be placed in a very technical role, and this is a big risk with Accenture
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene with HR organising drinks events every other Friday back in London. Also went to a couple of project events, which were all expenses paid and good networking opportunities. Dependent on project, I can imagine being in a big city with all the team staying there too, would be great fun
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Worked on client site in Hampshire. Put up in hotel 2 nights a week and drove to work for other two. Worked from home on Fridays
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very small village - depends on project. Somewhere like Newcastle or Edinburgh would be completely different...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
In a company the size of Accenture, there will always be numerous opportunities to get involved
Imagine yourself working at Accenture
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Accenture