Actuarial Consulting - General Insurance Intern at Aon

Actuarial

7.0/10

This role is challenging with much responsibility. The team provide support to help you with the work.

I was given work that graduates would be given. A lot of my work would be checked and then submitted to the client. So you are actually given real work to help the team.

You have a buddy and line manager. Your buddy is someone you can ask questions about your work and general questions about the job. Line manager more checks up on how you're getting on.

Very busy internship. If you say yes to work you won't have a day without work to do. However, you can still work the normal ours. There is no need for the interns to stay late.

Worked on real projects, put my name on worksheets that will be used for the client.

I learnt a lot about what my division does, so reserving, capital modelling, solvency II and pricing. Also did some VBA and python.

Very friendly team, everyone got on well.

Was always busy compared to some of the interns. Had work prepared for me as soon as I arrived.

Many members within the team dedicated time to explaining concepts.

I would love to work for Aon. You are given a very good idea of how long it would take you to progress within the company.

There were many social events. Interns don't pay for any drinks in our team.

£200 a week spending Monday. £150 a week rent.

Good, many places to go out anywhere in London though.

Yes. I played 5aside football every week.