Summer intern at Nomura

Nomura  is a Top Employer

7.4/10

7.4

4.5

Rotational program with sales and trading desks.

Great rotational program. Key in Global Markets where each desk is different

Current employees made sure I had something to do and explained everything with detail.
Relation with other interns was quite fake in general.

Constantly, at least on the teams I've been.

Depended on the rotation but I always had something to do. Either the intern project or desk work.

Not much, as an intern its hard to add value to a trading desk. However, I was given some interesting analysis to work on. Maybe it wasn't useful for them but I felt important :)

Just for general knowledge. Everything is different in reality, not similar to theory books!

Very positive. People here are inclusive (however, you can always find some people who aren't)

Impressive work from HR. I made the most out of a 10-week program

My managers spent a lot of time with me. Everyone was willing to help and teach me. That is the best an intern can get (apart from a bloomberg terminal - very useful)

I don't really expect a full time offer but Nomura has a huge potential in exotic products.

Other students were quite friendly but at the end of the internship you see completely different people. This was the worst part of the internship. It was quite sad

Not much time for socialising, however, there is a cool pub downstairs.

I never went to the area I work at nights.

Many activities were organised (criket, football, etc)