Investment Consulting Intern in the Risk Modelling team
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My work felt valued by my colleagues, and I was always given constructive feedback
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of help and guidance
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Fairly busy, picked up in the later weeks was very dependent on the month of the quarter
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I would say I was given varying amounts of responsibility, increasing as the internship went on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have chosen to do a finance module next year, so hopefully the internship will help with that.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a great atmosphere in the office, everyone was very friendly and inclusive.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was not as structured as I had expected, and it was quite important to be proactive when seeking out work, but overall (especially the resources provided by HR) it was quite organised, and the interns were definitely accomodated for.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a lot of time in me and I learned a lot
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the interns would socialise together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I worked in London, so travel and living expenses were expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities to go to work drinks, sports events and the annual Empower Results day