1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my experience at Nomura.
For the work itself, I was given a lot of tasks, on different sectors. I was able to work on 2 live deals as well as a dozen of deal originations.
For the team, I met great people, everybody was kind to me
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt close to my colleagues, I learnt a lot from them, they were very kind to me, but 2 months is too short to get to know them really weel
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I as very well helped by my buddy
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy, never bored, finishing around 11pm, so I wont say perfect balance but was I was expecting joining an investment bank
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsabilities, creating documents from scratch, participating in calls and live deals
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
In my degree studies it wont serve as I am already graduated.
Beyond indeed, I learnt to work under pressure, to prioritize work, to team work
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Quiet when a lot of work but always very friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I did not really need the training as I followed a finance master and I already had investment banking internships but I am greatful for what the company invested in me
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I hope I will have the offer
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
More expensive than I thought, but fair.
Bit of a pity everything such as fruits and coffee are for sale and not free
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Could not test it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?