Summer Intern at Nomura

Banking/Finance

Nomura  is a Top Employer

8.7/10

9.7

Summer intern in Treasury, Finance.

I really enjoyed my summer internship at Nomura. The internship scheme as a whole was very well organised with insightful overview sessions from all the divisions within Finance. I particularly loved working in Treasury. I loved the wide variety of work and responsibilities I had. My team were very kind, supportive and approachable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Nomura

My team in particular were very encouraging and made me feel like a part of the team from day one. I also became good friends with the rest of the Finance interns, who were all very helpful. Overall, all my colleagues were keen to help me. I enjoyed working with everyone and getting to know them.

My manager and senior members in the team were fantastic. I learnt a lot from all of them. They were very encouraging and supportive. They all ensured that they caught up with me on a regular basis. They all guided me very well. They helped me develop and enhance my understanding of concepts. They gave me great feedback to help me improve and go the extra mile.

Definitely the perfect balance. I enjoyed the variety of work I had and that everyday was different for me. Along with my daily and weekly tasks, I was constantly learning about new concepts and processes. The overview sessions and meetings helped to give us a break from the desk as well.

I was really happy with the level of responsibility I was given. I enjoyed a challenge and I certainly became more confident as the weeks went by. I wasn't afraid to ask questions and could easily get important projects checked by senior members of the team. My team members were very approachable which made bigger responsibilities appear smaller.

The excel skills that I developed will really help me in any future career that I choose, especially in Finance. The treasury specific concepts will help me in economics modules in my degree. My enhanced understanding of the financial services market as a whole will strongly support me during my career in the finance industry.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at Nomura

Amazing atmosphere! Everyone went out of their way to help you and catch up with you on a regular basis.

Very well organised! The overview sessions, the training and the intern fundraising challenge definitely added to the experience- it was an amazing opportunity to learn and develop in the industry.

The first week of training was very useful and increased my confidence for the rest of the internship. The excel training workshop and the presentation workshop were particularly useful and informative. The regular review sessions were also a great opportunity to get feedback and catch up with your HR point of contact.

• There were no perks with this Internship

Very appealing. I hope to succeed in getting a place on the graduate scheme.

Yes everyone was very friendly and all the interns have become good friends with each other.

London is quite expensive however if you were smart in where you went and what you bought, it was reasonable.

The nightlife in London is great. The oyster shed outside Nomura is a particular favourite spot for colleagues at Nomura.

There are several charity events that you can take part in through working at Nomura. Examples include the inter bank marathon and the whizz kidz fundraising challenge.