1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really well rounded experience and gave me a great insight into how the business works as well as genuine work for clients. Very much felt valued by everyone in the office not just those in my team!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
With the nature of the work we do in the office, I get to interact with loads of people in the office and make genuine connections in a friendly work environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was always support when I needed it without be walked through problems too much. There's the right balance between responsibility and mentoring and that really helps to push you to get the right kind of outcomes whilst feeling challenged.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I think due to the nature of the work and mainly due to the time of year, work loads fluctuated but I never had nothing to do and wasn't bored waiting for something to do which I think helped the experience
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
There's a limit to the responsibility you have on the work you do due to the fact you need qualifications to be the lead on client interactions, however, for the level that you are at on the internship I feel it was the right balance of responsibility for the tasks I needed to do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot about professionally setting myself up to work in order to maximise my time and efficiency. This is definitely something that I can take in to my degree studies and eventually into my day to day work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really good atmosphere, had the right balance between work and leisure. Everyone is really friendly and very approachable which allows for really strong relationships to prosper and allows you to learn loads more about the work people do in the business.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From day one I was thrown into the mix of work which means that it challenges you to hit the ground running which I really enjoyed. Throughout the internship everything was really well communicated about when and where I needed to be places and the work I needed to do
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think just the fact that you make it to the internship means that they are ready to invest in developing you into the person you need to be and making sure that you have the right support and guidance that you need to get there
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As it is such a big company the prospects are massive and you can really go in whatever direction you want to!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I think just the friendly nature of the office lets this happen as everyone gets along really well
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Good prices and not too expensive considering the proximity to london! Was very reasonable social costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didn't really get an opportunity to explore the proper nightlife of the area but the social scenes were good!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, especially in the summer we had lots of events and activities going on organised by the company from the very start of the internship which made things easier to integrate and know people