1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed my placement, very well supported and lots of opportunities to develop yourself and your skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was made to feel like I was part of the team, and not just a temporary student. I was given real responsibility and was trusted with so many things.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Excellent support and gudiance, not only from my team and Manager, but also other departments. Questions are always welcomed to develop your knowledge. It's was okay if a Mistake was made, it was always seen as a learning curve.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My job was always busy, many reports and tasks to complete. I also worked with many other teams on a daily basis. The variation in tasks was vasted, which kept the day exciting. You will never be bored on this placement!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I became more confident in my role, more responsibility was given. It's a great environment to work in because if you want to work on something or learn about another process etc all you have to do is ask.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Prioritisation is a key skill that has been developed. This will help in my Uni deadline, as well helping in my future roles.
My excel skills are now great, which will help in my degree. I can confidently create reports from raw data.
Confident in my ability has grown, and this will help with confident in my ability at uni, but also in future interviews.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great office atmosphere - always friendly and welcoming. There are always new people in the office, which is create for networking. Most of the teams you work with are on one floor, so you have great exposure to many parts of the business and many different teams.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Training was structured and thorough. This placement is not too structure so it can be whatever you make it. You have the freedom to explore what your interested in and what you would like to be involved in.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Opportunities were providing to see many different parts of the company, through spending time with other teams, product training, field visit to watch a surgery to see the products in action!!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to return to the company after my final year - I hope to be accepted on to the graduate scheme. There is always development opportunities. You have the ability to have a career with JNJ and work in so many different areas.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All of the placement student are friendly and I have made friends for life on placement.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted from home but in terms of the area, Leeds is a great city for going out for a meal or drinks!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a big nightlife in Leeds city centre close to the offices.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, they have a great team who organise team activities and volenteering opportunities - there is so much to get involved in!