Creative and Marketing intern. at Warner Bros

Advertising Consumer Products/FMCG Design Financial Management Marketing

8.9/10

Working on varying creative briefs, sending assets, financial tasks, booking rooms, sending merch and provinding support for the teams in adobe programs and any ther tasks which would pop up though out the year

I thoroughly enjoy my placement year. From start to finish I was made to feel as part of the team and learnt life applicable skills relevant to the world outside university.

I was included and valued as a team member and would always be invited to any social even which made it feel like I was working with friends.

My management was always approachable and willing to help me with any questions/ problems to the best of their ability.

Each day differed depending on work load. I found that this balance was in my control and I could ask for more or less work depending on how much I had.

From the first day I was trusted with large briefs and this continued throughout the year. I was never really asked to do menial tasks.

I now have an insight into how the real world relevant to my degree works. I will be able to apply this to my final year at uni and furthermore feel that the years experience is more sought after than the degree itself.

My team had a fun atmosphere surrounding our workspace even though people where still getting on with their work.

Everything ran smoothly. The only thing was I had asked to do a couple of things outside my job role which ended up not being arranged.

There were a lot of courses available for different roles.
I think it would have been beneficial to shadow som other teams and gain the experience from how they worked

Many placement students return to Warner Bros. However I think this is reliant on wether the job is available at the time.

My group of interns / apprentices regular met up and I have made some life long friends who I will continue to meet up with in the future.

Since the placement in London it was expensive. I just had to be smart with my money. But I didn’t really feel like I missed out on anything due to our friend group.

There was always something to do and never a dull moment.

There was charitable events outside of work and nights out with the team. I’m sure there would be a lot more to do in London but I didn’t feel the need to look into this.