Working on varying creative briefs, sending assets, financial tasks, booking rooms, sending merch and provinding support for the teams in adobe programs and any ther tasks which would pop up though out the year
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoy my placement year. From start to finish I was made to feel as part of the team and learnt life applicable skills relevant to the world outside university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was included and valued as a team member and would always be invited to any social even which made it feel like I was working with friends.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management was always approachable and willing to help me with any questions/ problems to the best of their ability.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Each day differed depending on work load. I found that this balance was in my control and I could ask for more or less work depending on how much I had.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
From the first day I was trusted with large briefs and this continued throughout the year. I was never really asked to do menial tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I now have an insight into how the real world relevant to my degree works. I will be able to apply this to my final year at uni and furthermore feel that the years experience is more sought after than the degree itself.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My team had a fun atmosphere surrounding our workspace even though people where still getting on with their work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything ran smoothly. The only thing was I had asked to do a couple of things outside my job role which ended up not being arranged.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were a lot of courses available for different roles.
I think it would have been beneficial to shadow som other teams and gain the experience from how they worked
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Many placement students return to Warner Bros. However I think this is reliant on wether the job is available at the time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My group of interns / apprentices regular met up and I have made some life long friends who I will continue to meet up with in the future.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Since the placement in London it was expensive. I just had to be smart with my money. But I didn’t really feel like I missed out on anything due to our friend group.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There was always something to do and never a dull moment.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was charitable events outside of work and nights out with the team. I’m sure there would be a lot more to do in London but I didn’t feel the need to look into this.