Summer Associate at Credit Suisse

Canary Wharf Greater London
Banking - Investment

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

9.7/10

Having worked at a couple of other places, Credit Suisse is definitely my favourite place so far. Amazing learning experience, nice colleagues and great support system made my internship very enjoyable. Yes, the hours is quite long from time to time, but at the end of the day, you feel very accomplished and learned so much.

Colleagues do show appreciation for all the work you do. You feel much valued by your supervisors and peers.

There is a buddy system at Credit Suisse. I always got the support needed from my buddy who shared the similar pre-banking experience as I did. Either from the technical competencies or the emotional support, my buddy always gave me the help that I needed. I cannot express how much appreciation I have for my buddy during my internship.

Among my colleagues, everyone was super helpful - when I asked a question, they would try their best to answer me and sometimes they went extra step by testing me if I really understood the answer. You can feel the support from everyone since Day 1 on the floor.

At the beginning, it was very free but things caught up after 2-3 weeks and stayed pretty consistent afterwards. There are definitely some long nights but overall the workload was manageable.

Varies on different projects - on some projects, as a MBA associate, I got to lead an analyst; on some others, my work was reviewed by an analyst. Either way, I was very happy with the learning experience either on the technical side and project management side.

Technical skills on financial modeling, powerpoint, data mining as well as project management

Everyone is very nice and seniors are very approachable. At work, people are professional; outside of work, people tend to be more personal and it feels like a big family. I felt integrated to our colleagues very soon after joining. People are very welcoming to the interns and supportive to our development.

The training is very structured and does help a lot to help you jump start your work on the floor. There is a team set up to assist your internship and help you solve the problems you may have throughout the process. HR and your mentor (someone senior) also step in from time to time to check in with you how things are going and solve any problems you may have.

One-week intensive training at the beginning of the internship and on the job training throughout the internship.

It seems the firm is flexible in terms of international relocation and switching teams.

Drinks with colleagues from time to time; lunch with colleagues almost everyday and Friday team lunch, etc. I also hang out with some of my colleagues outside of work, I definitely made a lot of friends here on the internship. My internship experience would not be this great without the people I worked with.

I moved to Canary Wharf from Central London which actually lowered the cost compared to before. Canary Wharf is very new and clean with 24 hour security so you feel very safe living here. In terms of socializing, people usually go to Central London which is 20min away on Jubilee line.

The night life is good

Interns are very bonded that we go out for lunch/dinner/drinks very often. I think we will stay friends even after the internship because we went through the same thing, gave each other support and this 10 week experience connected us in a personal and professional manner. We also had a Philanthropy Day in the middle of the internship that we helped a local charity.