1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think the training was very badly set up, but the rest was set up well with regular progress updates and meetings with HR representatives.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had been told that coming from a non-finance background would be fine, but the training started from such a level that it went over a lot of our heads, while being too simple for those that had studied finance. I think the training needs to be split up according to background. I also think that FIG should be given a session on how to build a DDM given that other teams get a session on DCFs. When I asked for some training on this I was told it wasn't possible. I had gone to the boot camp over easter, and done the intuition modules we were sent so I thought that I had done enough preparation pre training. I appreciate that teaching a group of 40 is far from easy, but this is also why I think it should be split up.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
We only find out at the end.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The team occasionally went for drinks.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive but didn't really matter for socializing as there were very limited opportunities to do this.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
N/A No time.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?