1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really liked being an intern here. The team is super friendly and I have learned many things
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team is very supportive and helpful. They always try to give interns the big picture and make sure we understand what we work on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The system of "buddies" is useful; you get to have a "referent" and you can ask him anything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The average hours are 9:30-1am. There is no facetime so if you do not have work at all you can obviously leave earlier but on average it is 1am
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We are given sometimes some responsibilities (I could go to a client meeting for example). You are super often involved in the internal calls/meetings.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think this will help me a lot understand better the actual trends of the industry / and also obviously on technical skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was at moments very professional (when you need to deliver work - you work) but could also be more relaxed. So a really good balance
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think that the work placement was overall well organized: we had many events with other interns / seniors / with other employees from the bank, etc. The HR team was always very reactive and prone to answer every question.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have really learnt a lot during this internship. People always give constructive feedback so you can improve yourself.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The big advantage in CS is the mobility within the firm. I really like the company's culture and it makes me eager to go work here after I graduate
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We got to meet often other interns, during the first week of training and on events organized by the program.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is very expensive but there are nice places to live / go out (in Canary wharf and outside). I suggest that you do not live too far from the Wharf during the internship.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in Canary Wharf is not very animated but there are a lot of really nice places to go which are not too far so quite accessible.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
With the long hours it was complicated to get involved in any outside activity.