M&A Analyst Intern at Credit Suisse

Banking/Finance

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.7

I really liked being an intern here. The team is super friendly and I have learned many things

The team is very supportive and helpful. They always try to give interns the big picture and make sure we understand what we work on.

The system of "buddies" is useful; you get to have a "referent" and you can ask him anything.

The average hours are 9:30-1am. There is no facetime so if you do not have work at all you can obviously leave earlier but on average it is 1am

We are given sometimes some responsibilities (I could go to a client meeting for example). You are super often involved in the internal calls/meetings.

I think this will help me a lot understand better the actual trends of the industry / and also obviously on technical skills.

The atmosphere was at moments very professional (when you need to deliver work - you work) but could also be more relaxed. So a really good balance

I think that the work placement was overall well organized: we had many events with other interns / seniors / with other employees from the bank, etc. The HR team was always very reactive and prone to answer every question.

I have really learnt a lot during this internship. People always give constructive feedback so you can improve yourself.

The big advantage in CS is the mobility within the firm. I really like the company's culture and it makes me eager to go work here after I graduate

We got to meet often other interns, during the first week of training and on events organized by the program.

London is very expensive but there are nice places to live / go out (in Canary wharf and outside). I suggest that you do not live too far from the Wharf during the internship.

The nightlife in Canary Wharf is not very animated but there are a lot of really nice places to go which are not too far so quite accessible.

With the long hours it was complicated to get involved in any outside activity.