1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I very much enjoyed my time at Johnson & Johnson. I really liked the working environment, as well as having a very intersting job role with lots of exposure to the business. This helped me to feel that my work was valued and acted as a motivator. I would highly recommend Johnson & Johnson.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There was a strong working relationship between my team and I. There was plenty of communication and I felt I could go to them with any problem, whether it was work related or not. I was often required to run reports for different team members, this helped me to feel connected with the rest of my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support throughout my placement, the level of support and guidance was perfect and allowed me to grow and develop my skill set on my own. I was required to use my own initiative some of the time which was then backed up with guidance as and when I needed it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of my role the work load varied, across the month, quarter and planning cycle. The busy work loaded suited me very well as I believe I work best with lots of things to do. I received ad hoc requests daily which kept me busy even when the work load lightened.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a large amount of responsibility, and therefore exposed to a variety of different senior leaders within the business. This sort of exposure allowed for a fantastic development opportunity which enabled me to grow continuously throughout my placement. I was the main contact for projects I was working on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere within the office was well balanced. Quiet enough to work but good spaces to socialise during lunch as well as coffee breaks. Everyone in the office was friendly and a pleasure to be around. This makes a big difference to morale as you see each other all day every day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I'd say for my role the placement was very well organised and both my manager and I knew what was going on throughout the process. There were processes set up to ensure I was getting everything out of my placement that I could but also I was fulfilling the job role as required.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I believe I was given adequate training to fulfil my job however towards the end of my placement I'd have liked to develop my ERP systems training further but there wasn't the opportunity for this. I attended further training to develop my presentation skills as well as being given help in regards to my CV.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'd love to return to Johnson and Johnson in the future, I now have a deeper level of understanding as to how they work but I also enjoy working under the credo. There are so many more opportunities, especially within the different sectors, I'd like to explore within Johnson and Johnson.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My department at Johnson and Johnson was very sociable. There was a social event every month as well as summer and Christmas parties. We had a news letter each month also which was always a good read. We also got to celebrate various different holidays within the office due to the cross cultural nature of Johnson and Johnson.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of different opportunities offered, I was lucky enough to be able to be involved in some of the CSR days, helping out at a local charity. Very rewarding work. Lots of different types of ways to support charities. Not only this but many opportunities to be involved in different sporting events.