1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A wide range of work and responsibilities encompassing many areas of Ausit and Assurance.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Within the Audit team an intern is given their own responsibilites and expected to make a valuable contribution to the work. Of course guidance is given throughout the jobs!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a 'buddy' and a coach mentor with regular phonecalls/ emails and formal meetings to discuss progress and any issues I was having. As well as just for a chat!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a lot of work to do with a variety of different clients, meaning that I met a lot of people within PwC from offices all over the country. As I was given my own responisibilities I was always busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I now have an idea of what I wanted to do - I have experienced life after university and this has influenced my decision on what career to aspire towards.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was friendly, willing to help but very professional.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had constant contact with recruiters throughout the application process and during the internship. An initial induction for a week for all interns ensured everyone had basic knowledge of what was required throughout the internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given training throughout the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have accepted a graduate job with them, dependent on my degree result.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We often met up for drinks/ meals or were on jobs together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was lucky enough to live with family in Manchester. Being a large city Manchester was more expensive but our salary reflected this.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I didn't get a chance as much as I would have liked to go out in the evenings - work was very tiring and involved quite a bit of travel away from Manchester.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a company sports day whilst we were there. Also departmental/office socials.