Summer Scheme Student at RPC

Legal/Law

RPC is a Top Employer

9.3/10

I had a brilliant time on the RPC Summer Scheme. The work I was given was very varied and interesting. I was given more responsibility than expected and was always kept busy!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

I felt very valued during my time on the scheme. Everyone I interacted with was very welcoming and I really felt like part of the firm.

I really appreciated the fact that senior members of the team had taken time out of their schedules to provide me with very detailed feedback, insight into their roles and to also speak to me about my wider career aspirations.

We were assigned a trainee buddy and a supervisor (Partner/Legal Director/Senior Associate).

My supervisors were often very busy, but wider members of the team were also very supportive.

I was able to see how smaller tasks fit into the 'bigger picture' and learnt about the practical realities of being a lawyer.

The work given was challenging and really pushed me out of my comfort zone.

The Scheme was very well organised. We were placed into two seats over the two weeks and my preferences had been taken into account.

There were so many networking opportunities to learn more about the firm's other departments.

The socials were also great too!

Very welcoming, friendly and encouraging.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at RPC

At the end of each week we were able to have 'review' meetings with our supervisors where constructive feedback was given.

There were plenty of opportunities to network within the firm. The graduate recruitment had organised a number of sessions that exposed us to all of the firm's departments.

As well as this, the firm's 'coffee culture' meant that organising informal meetings with lawyers/trainees/support staff was highly encouraged.

Yes, we learnt about the firm's Allies Network, sports teams, choir and trainee business blog.We were also able to participate in a trainee business blog competition.