Global markets summer analyst at Credit Suisse

Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.1/10

I thoroughly enjoyed the placement. It was good that it was rotational and we had exposure to many different parts of the division. The employees were friendly and helpful and there was always something provided for us to do or something interesting to read that was very enjoyable. Overall, a very good experience!

I felt valued by employees, especially on my final 2 rotations. Employees would always put time aside to talk to me and explain anything I was unsure about. On my final rotation, they would also always send me interesting things to read, which made me feel valued. The employees would always include me in conversations.

I was given lots of support and guidance by management and my supervisors. We had both mentors (usually directors or managing directors) and buddys (analysts/associates) who would offer us support and meet for coffee to talk about anything we liked and provide us with advice for the internship. HR were also very supportive and would reach out to us a lot!

I was relatively busy on a daily basis. We were often set projects for the end of the internship and if there weren't any tasks for us to do we could work on these projects and presentations. Also, we can busy ourselves by talking to employees or using resources such as CS plus to do further reading.

I was given a reasonable amount of responsibility during my placement; the amount I was expecting from an internship and what we are able to do due to not being able to talk to clients. I think although we could only be given limited responsibility this was in line with my expectation.

The skills I've developed and training I've received have increased my understanding of finance and the business area as a whole. If I decide to take a finance module next year in my degree this will be particularly beneficial and even if not for applying for future positions within banking this will be very useful, as well as the skill to talk to more people in the industry

The atmosphere was different for each rotation, which I think is a positive thing as it allowed me to realize where I could see myself fitting in the most. On a majority of the desks there would always be stuff going on and if not the employees would talk to me and mean it was a fun atmosphere to be in.

The internship was organized well in the way we could rotate. However, I think we should have only done 2 5 week rotations instead of 3 as this meant that, especially on desks with a more complicated product, we didn't have much time to understand the product to an extent where we are able to add value to the desk

The firm invested in us a lot. The training we were provided was of a very good quality and the instructor was particularly passionate about investing in us, which made it easier to learn. By setting objectives and also giving us mentors and buddies, the firm invested in helping us make improvements

• There were no perks with this Internship

Future employment prospects are particularly appealing to me now that I have been at the firm for 8 weeks. It is an environment I can see myself thriving in and developing even further, as well as working with the employees. I would love a job from this organization!

Yes. All of the interns in the global markets class got on extremely well and there were plenty of events planned by employees for us to see the interns more and this meant that we all had a very strong relationship. This was commented on by employees too about how friendly the intern class was with eachother.

The cost of living and socializing was standard. Working in London means that obviously prices are higher than other parts of the country, however this was expected and the company paid us well and provided a reallocation subsidy that helped out with this.

Yes. There were plenty of opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work. Some of the desks would run sporting events, such as football and there was also a boat race that we could enter into with our desks. Furthermore, we finished at a reasonable time so would get involved with activities out of work.